Friday

Cantonese Fried Wonton

Assalammualaikum :)
How's the day going on? Winter holiday just ended and everything just went back as usual ~ as always. There's still about four weeks left before the kimatsu final exam and we're off to long holiday in Malaysia..!!

I've been missing Malaysia so much and I even planned my whole holiday,preparing myself with long list of food that I wanna eat when getting back to Malaysia..Hohoho.. Popo even promised me to cook me some of her super yummy dish and I really can't wait to meet her and spend the whole time chit chatting with her.
Back when i'm in my childhood, popo often cooked us her wonton soups which had and always been my fav since i was little.But now, since i'm living in Japan and it's hard to find wonton with halal ingredients, i'd decided to make by my own.Hihihi.. 

FRIED WONTONS (炸云吞)
Filling
150 fatty coarsely minced chicken/beef
250 g prawns
peel, devein, wash and dice
2 tbsp thinly sliced spring onion
1 tbsp finely minced ginger
1 tbsp oyster sauce
 ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
¼ tsp ground white pepper
wonton wrappers
water for sealing wrappers
oil for deep-frying

For the filling, simply place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Gather mixture in one hand and throw back into the bowl, hard. Repeat till mixture is sticky.


For the wrapping, wrappers may be sealed with beaten egg as in the video, or water.Remember to be careful and not to overstuffed as they will pop open during the cooking process and eventually mess up the whole thing as I experienced before T___T .. As for mine, I choosed the shape of the Chinese gold.Fold the wrapper in half into a rectangle, and press the two sides together so you get a firm seal. Hold the bottom two corners of the little rectangle you just made, and bring the two corners together, pressing firmly to seal. (Use a little water to make sure it sticks.)

It's quite simple and what I love the most is you can just pack them in a tupperware and store them in the fridge.Just fried it whenever you want. What a good night snack isn't it ;) 



No comments: